You have no items in your shopping cart.
2 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole milk
1 1/4 cup strong coffee, cooled
1) Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease and flour your cake pans. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Switch the mixer to low and add one egg at a time, scraping thoroughly between additions. Mix in the vanilla.
4) Combine the milk and coffee.
5) On low speed, add 1/4 of the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the bowl. Add 1/3 of the liquid, once again mixing until incorporated and scraping down the bowl. Repeat with remaining dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry.
5) Divide the batter evenly into the pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pans. Cool completely and then wrap and refrigerate to firm the crumb of the cake before icing.
If making cupcakes, fill the liners 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes at 350° degrees.
• Cakes can be stored in the freezer for up to a month, wrapped in at least two layers of plastic wrap and then completely in foil. Place in the fridge to defrost before icing.