You have no items in your shopping cart.
3 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3, 8" cake pans.
2) Whisk together the dry ingredients.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Switch the mixer to low and add one egg at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
4) On low speed, add 1/4 of the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add 1/3 of the buttermilk, once again mixing thoroughly and scraping down the bowl. Repeat with the wet and dry ingredients, ending with the flour mixture.
5) Divide the batter evenly into pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans.Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate to firm up before icing.